Saturday, October 1, 2011

It's Showtime

'Tis here, my droogies. October is finally here. Not only is what seems like half my family's birthdays this month, but there's also this little thing called Halloween coming up. It's, I don't know, one of my favorite holidays of the year. Today officially starts the Countdown to Halloween, and I'm going to bring you some of my favorite goodies of the season, broken down into six categories: movies, music, videos, pictures, products, and crafts. But let's not limit ourselves. Halloween is amazing. There is so much more that one may imagine.

Shall we begin?

Let us dip our toes in to put us in the mood by watching Beetlejuice (1988).



Ah, childhood. A wonderful thing. I remember watching Beetlejuice as a young child, only to forget it and then rediscover it in my late teenage years. After re-watching it I was amazed, thinking, "My parents let me watch this?? No wonder I am the way I am..."

I will also go as far to say Beetlejuice has one of my favorite movie soundtracks ever.



We're all agreed Danny Elfman is a genius, right? I thought so.

On to the decorations!

To start off, we visit one side of my tiny living room.

Orange lights gracing my Le Chat Noir poster

Black roses, a peacock feather, and a homemade Freddy Krueger inspired mask, along with a skull

Detail on the Freddy mask. I made it myself, using hot glue to make the burn marks and red paint. It's actually a lot darker than what you see here, but the flash highlights the "scarring". This is one of my favorite pieces I've ever done. 

I actually keep the vase of roses and the skull out all year long, but they fit in nicely when Halloween comes around.

And just in time for the beginning of October, Creature Feature has released a single from their new album, It Was A Dark and Stormy Night...



Hellyeah has yet to be heard from.

Excitement is in the air. Everyone is preparing for what's coming. Even Freddy.


How are you starting your preparations? 

No comments:

Post a Comment