Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Welcome to Prime Time

Fourth day of Halloween Horrors. Twenty seven more days until Halloween!!

As I was outlining and preparing today's post this morning, I noticed right away it carried a theme concerning none other than one of my favorite horror villains, Freddy Krueger. I was actually planning on waiting for this post, but "A New Game" by Mudvayne came on, and I couldn't resist. Somebody get Chad Gray on the phone. Pay him to tell me this song is about Freddy Krueger. I will die a happy person.



Eek, those blue eyes.

Erm, *cough* anyway, A Nightmare on Elm Street. Both of them. The original and the remake, because I couldn't decide which one I liked better. Yeah, I'm one of the unpopular opinions when it comes the the Elm Street remake. I thought it was fucking amazing. Sure, with a few minor flaws, but I had issues with the original too, so there!





While I adore Robert Englund with all my heart, Jackie Earle Haley did an excellent job. Okay, Haley's Freddy did sound a bit like Rorschach, but it's the same actor. Have you heard the guy talk normally? Is that what you were expecting? Come on, guys. Really now.

I love both movies. I really do. It's a point I'll bring up time and time again. I'm in a place where I will stand by the original, but I will also defend the remake to the end. You just didn't like it because they toned down Freddy's humor and focused on the fact that he's a pedophile. Don't get your panties all in a wad because you've been denying it all these years because the original only lightly touched the subject. At least, that's my theory why many don't like it. It's all about underlying denial, which leads to hatred. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'll be the first to admit, it is hard defending yourself for liking Freddy after watching the remake. I've had friends turn to me and go, "Why do you like this guy again???" "Erm, uh.... Because..... Hey look, I have cookies in the fridge!" I understand that. I don't like the fact either, but it is what it is. I'll still wear my shirts...


And I'll always have my poster hanging up somewhere...


And I'm pretty sure that until I get more creative, it will always be my costume of choice.


But enough ranting from me. What did you guys think about the remake? Help me understand what was wrong - or right! - about it.

"Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)" by Marilyn Manson

I still think "A New Game" should have been in the remake. Shaking my head.

"This is god..."

No comments:

Post a Comment