Monday, October 3, 2011

Moving Right Along

The rent is paid, exams finished for at least two weeks, and Halloween is another day closer. As you may or may not have noticed, I changed my background for a more Halloween-y feel. I haven't really decided if I like it or not, but we'll see.

Tonight I'm treating myself to Thir13en Ghosts (2001), a remake of William Castle's 13 Ghosts (1960).





Roooooaaarrr!!!!! Ghost lion!

I remember watching the original late one night for AMC's Fear Fridays (do they still do that?). The movie only caught half my interest, but I made it through without falling asleep. From what I remember (it's been a while now) the story was rather bland and there was no real back story on the ghosts. Granted, I've only seen it once and was half asleep when I did.

But until I get my hands on a copy of an original, I will settle for the remake, which I do enjoy. I feel the story has been expanded, although there are parts I would have left out. I understand why many people would hate on Thir13en Ghosts, but come on. If you took every scary movie out there seriously, you would be in trouble.

The more I think about it, the more I start to realize this may not be one of those movies where I like it for the movie as a whole. What I enjoy watching is Matthew Lillard's character, Dennis. It would be awesome to have the level of psychic ability as he does, just as long as you could turn it off. Just like Pumpkinhead in Pumpkinhead and the puppets in Pupper Master, I watch Thir13en Ghosts for Dennis.


No wonder some people think I have a bad taste in horror movies. Hey now, I like legit movies too!

The Wal-Mart down the street has had their Halloween stuff out for a couple weeks now, but it's still a painfully small selection, which I fear is all it will be. I did however, score on a couple $5 shirts, one of which I wore today:


In my humble opinion, it was a pretty sweet deal. It's got tombstones, candycorn teeth, jack o lanterns, bats, and spiders. Plus it looks cool enough I can wear it all year round!

Ah, who am I kidding. I would have worn it all year round anyway.

Due to the small selection, as I mentioned above, I may have to make a trip to the other Wal-Mart a few miles away to seek expansion, but that may have to wait for a couple weeks. But with my apartment looking decked out like it is now, I'm sure I can survive until then. 

"Horror Show" by SPF1000

No comments:

Post a Comment