Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Tiny Update On The Mask

This week does not give me any opportunities to continue my small dash of mayhem, but I did get a tad further on my mask before the weekend was over.


After I removed the foil, I tried it on for size to see how it would fit. I widened the eye holes on the outer edges to give myself a bit more room and then added a cut up toilet paper roll as makeshift, built in goggles. 



Once I got those into place and where I wanted them, I built up some more paper mache around the eyes to both close the gaps and keep the "goggles" in place. 

When I get more time, I have to figure out how I'm going to add the beak. Initially, I though about making the entire beak out of paper mache, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized how heavy it would be. So if anyone out there has any ideas on how I might go about making a lightweight beak, please feel free to comment and let me know. I don't think I'll have time to work on this project until the weekend after next, so there is plenty of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment